BobjGear Adapter Installation
Model 1, Model 2, Model 3
USB-A to RJ45
USB-A to RJ45 Ethernet
Adapter and Connecting
Micro USB-OTG Cable
Micro USB-OTG to
RJ45 Ethernet Adapter
DRIVERS MUST BE INSTALLED BEFORE USING THE ADAPTERS
Procedures for Downloading Ethernet Adapter Drivers
If the instructions below and on the packaging are not sufficient, and you require additional help email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your Amazon Order number, Tablet Make and Model, and Version of Android, or other Operating system you are running. We will be pleased to work with you to get your adapter working properly.
For Chromebooks & Android Tablets: no driver needed - connect the adapter to your tablet following the diagram below
For MAC Computers: download the driver installer HERE
For Microsoft Windows Computers (all versions including Windows 10):
Exception - Windows "RT" does not support this adapter.
1. Make sure you have a working WiFi or "other Ethernet" connection
2. Plug in the Adapter (without the Ethernet cable attached to it) into your device's USB port
3. Choose YES, when prompted, to search the internet and find the drivers - the drivers will install from Microsoft's Libraries
4. Once you have the Windows driver installed, you can plug the Ethernet cable into the Adapter and test internet access through the Adapter
Note: If you previously plugged this Ethernet Adapter into your PC's USB port without having another (Wi-Fi) internet connection working, the prior procedure above will not work automatically a second time. You can alternatively start Device Manager, and click on "Update Driver" for this AX88179, within the Network Adapters category.
Second Easiest Procedure
1. Download the drivers HERE
2. Unzip the "Zip" folder to access them
3. Plug in the Adapter and point to the unzipped folder when asked for the location of the drivers
Third Least Desireable Procedure
1. Access the drivers from the included mini CD if you have an Optical Drive
Note: These drivers will get you started but they will not be the most current, so you should immediately update your drivers using Device Manager.